inigma

GotR KSP Server Screenshots and Videos

Island Fuel Depot - Utility Rig Saves the Day

An early version Base Utility Truck (nicknamed Cat)

Contains dozens of spare parts, attachable items and winches for necessary base maintenance and ground rescue and towing operations. Also a mini ground communications hub.

DMkuaLU.png

North Pole Station under construction:

EIfU7PR.png

An SSI Neutron Heavy Class Shuttlecraft repurposed for GotR KSP DMP Server. It is a two seat VTOL Single Stage to Orbit Craft, with cruising altitude at 37km. It can even dock with spacecraft up to a 120km orbit. If you want to know how to fly it, download the craft and read the craft description in the Space Plane Hangar.

O4HqUXy.png2OEWX3V.png

This is North Pole Station:

gxYi01i.png

It is a fully manned communications center and observatory, and is also a search and rescue station.

Jim Kerman and his cousin Kelvin Kerman testing a Neutron III Shuttlecraft by inigma on its maiden flight. A perfect run with tons of fuel to spare.

J8Sz8AR.png

J9GNXGl.png

I am not good enough at this game. It takes me like 5 times to even get an orbit.

If you want to, you can use MechJeb to do that for you. I don't really consider it cheating, at least not since I've doen everything manually before. You can also use it as a guidance tool to learn more about manual maneuvers. It makes it easier to enjoy the game that way. 

Explorer 2 Mission was a success!

ffDvwpn.png

Jo9aNIS.png

U8INtE1.png

kaG3Udk.png

Kerbin facing side:

td1nPfS.png

Far side:

V8wiyW9.png

Pale Blue Dot: (Kerbin, Mun, and Minmus visible (right)

eJpVhsA.png

During a test flight of a new prototype atmospheric aircraft, a brave Kerbal saw something shiny in a desert mountain range. 

EvFGHZl.png

Getting closer it is revealed that there are structures there! Kerbals at the KSC are all shocked, as there were no notes of these in existence!  

sFTF7g8.png

KSC "gently encouraged" the pilot to attempt a landing at the site to get more information. He was also "kindly asked" to explore with the rover on board. After the first attempt at landing, KSC decided that they would need to rethink the landing gear design for such rough terrain. And the pilot was... no longer fit for duty.

bphH8Vw.png

The second attempt at landing was successful. The rubble is to be ignored as that "never happened" according to mission briefing. It was a weather balloon. 

So, missiong to explore the structures are a go! 

cWtePFL.png

It's pyramids! Plural! What are the hidden tales behind these buildings? Maybe we will never know...

5A3Qebp.png

Great job Halsoy! Scratch one off the flag finding list. I'm not sure if there is still a UFO at the North Pole any more...

Rejoiced that we found ruins on Kerbin, mission control decided that we needed to explore the planet surface at greater detail. One brave pilot was issued a copy of the experimental aircraft to search far, far north. He dozed off at the controls since it was a long flight. When the instruments screaming at him "TERRAIN! TERRAIN!" woke him up, he noticed something that stood out after he managed to pull the craft out of a steep dive. 

CmTtYtH.png

Seeing that it was solid, deep black, it warranted a closer inspection.

uWV37f4.png

pcGfS2m.png

Exiting the aircraft, the pilot felt compelled to have a closer inspection. 

YQKDMIh.png

vmZOcdL.png

Now the question remains. Is this proof of Dunatians? 

Great job Halsoy! North Pole Station sent out two Neutron Shuttlecraft on expeditions to find that UFO with no success. You find it by accident. Awesome job!

I'm loading the newest version of this to the server. I designed this a while back. The new version, simply called the Proton Shuttlecraft in the craft library, is updated for .25, and has a remote tech dish accessible from the top rear. Capable of roundtrips to Minmus. Single seater.

Fun on the server last night with RealityVeil (welcome!) and Halsoy!  Inigma busts up a Neutron along the way...

I know we're not to Mun bases yet, but getting an early start by launching some of the infrastructure to orbit. If need, can move this to another thread. The following pictures also chronicle my first attempt at actually using KAS for something useful.

Base Refinery Module Mission (2 Launches)

- Base Heavy Carryall

- Base Refinery Module

Borrowed the Construction Tug from the station for the work crew and to assist in positioning.

AbL5zZw.png?1

Merrick ferrying across the first guy-line.

4T34Jxd.png?1

A Kerman-eye view of the carryall. I need to put some running lights on there...

OdEY6JR.png?1

Winching operations begin. Misjudged the separation distance, and shaved the bottom row of solar panels off on the winch mounts. >_< They're too big to fix via EVA - the station was over-powered anyway, so gonna hope for the best.

TPUZ4KW.png?1

All packed-away, and ready to go when we start base construction.

Pe7pv8B.png?1

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found