RealityVeil

Attack of the B-Team interest probe

I know that minecraft within GOTR is basically over, but I've run across a TechnicPack modpack balled Attack of the B Team which just looks damn fun.

Here are some screenshots of the mods folder so you can get an idea of what's included: http://puu.sh/9iWeV/0cc3cae806.png http://puu.sh/9iWga/e03fcd93f0.png

The big ones are MineFactory Reloaded, Witchery, TropiCraft, OpenBlocks, Thermal Expansion, Tinkers Construct, Galacticraft, BibloCraft, and Archimedes Ships.  But there's a lit of "little" mods as well that look really promising like Carpenters Blocks, Chisel, and Enhanced Portals.  If there's enough on an interest to make it worth my time I'll think about starting up a GOTR server that will be run identically to the MagicWorld one I had a while back before everyone just randomly left.  

Let me know!

I have been wanting to play another mod server and I have time now since my school is over

:D I'm working on it.  'm having stability issues that need to be worked out. but I'll keep y'all in the loop.

I started up a world for this. Surprisingly, it's fun with the necromancer mod that is included. Example: the first mob you kill of that type you will turn into, and you can morph back to normal from there. So if you kill a Squid, you can breathe underwater and move faster than a boat, or if you kill a chicken you can fit into those 1x1 spaces and mine without having to worry about getting ganked. Also, if you kill a Bat, you can fly around too.

Morph is kool, mystcraft books (although i didnt see that in the modlist) and butterflies (again i dont think are included) allow you to fit in a 1x1 space with a pipe in it!

whats the IP????!!!! 8D

Still broken. >_<  It has a habit of kicking people connecting from the wanside of my router.

Also, throw this into your mods folder: http://atg.lychnobi.com/downloads/ATG-1.6.4-0.9.5.jar

It's a alternate terrain generator and it's amazing.  Creates some truly awesome vistas and junk.

EDIT: Also, I want to do a proper forum writeup and article in the minecraft group describing what the server is, what the rules are, how to set it up, all that good stuff.  Further, I have to write up a small pile of linux shell scripts to automate things like backups and rebooting the server if it crashes and such.  Hopefully, fingers crossed, I'll be ready for launch this afternoon.

Edited by RealityVeil

I've messed around with ATG for a bit in the past when my friends and myself were trying to put together a magic pack. One of the things we did for our pack was we disabled a lot of the Biomes-o-Plenty biomes (because we were getting a TON of forests) and enabled the setting that creates a single temperate band, with hot biomes to the south and cold ones to the north.

It results in things like this:

TWSgYtU.png

I also played around with giving it an image to use as a heightmap. Apparently this is what happens when you give it Starry Night:

jHcFs2I.png

Edited by Katalliaan
  • Upvote 1

yea maybe we turn of biomes-o-plenty again sincce it is a little obnoxious. 

can make it real tricky to find some biome specific things, like rubber trees, slime balls, etc...

If you guys didn't know Realty's poll. Also maybe take morph mod off too since it is a tad too good.

If you guys didn't know Realty's poll. Also maybe take morph mod off too since it is a tad too good.

A tad too fun you mean.

ATOBT isn't about balance, it's about fun.

Edited by RealityVeil

I said that since I morphed into a squid and couldn't turn back and I some how tped on land cuz of the map and kept dying because morph would switch me back.

Yeah, it isn't happening today.  I had some business come up that precluded me from working on getting the server ready for a "public" release.  Check back tomorrow.  Sorry about that.

Dont stress mate, we are all most appreciative of you putting in the time to set up a server for us and am very much looking forward to it *)

Let me know if theres anything I can do to help like testing or whatever *)

Same. I only have two days I'm working today - tomorrow 1-7 and Thursday 4-9 EST. Barring having to help with family, I have nothing I need to do this week.

Yes, sorry.  I just wrapped up.  It's been a helluva day.  There's a forum post and an article about the whole thing.  There's a link in the article to request access.  

Cheers mate, take it easy, Im gonna startup a spawntown starter house soon as i get on

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found