Ivandrov

Stellaris - Europa Universallis IV in space

Looks really cool

Way cool, definitely interested.

I'm gonna pick this game up this weekend. I'm gonna play single player to test the waters, but I'd love to play this with real peoples eventually. I only played ck2 singleplayer, but I have a feeling stellaris will be more fun multiplayer than ck2 anyway.

Several of us have been playing, it has so far been lot's of fun.

• Upvote 1

+1 to Stellaris, it's great. Even I'm enjoying it, and I usually burn out on Grand Strategy games after a bit. Been playing this longer than any game of Civ, EU4, or CK2 I've ever participated in. I LOVE SPACE.

This game is a lot of fun. If we have people interested, maybe we can get a MP game going?

1 hour ago, nullfunction said:

This game is a lot of fun. If we have people interested, maybe we can get a MP game going?

Robo and some former FEAR officers already have a game going. I think Robo was also talking about a another large game with most of the officers participating. 

"One area I was not at all surprised to get flak for is the lack of mid-game scripted content, however. We simply took too long getting all the early and late game stuff in, and neglected a whole category of events called ‘colony events’, which were supposed to be the bread and butter of the mid-game for the Science Ships."

And this is why Paradox Interactive gets respect. "Yeah, we know that sucked.  That's what we're fixing."

Sounds like Clarke patch by end of May, basic bug/UI/performance fixes. Asimov patch is going to beef up the midgame.  Heinlein patch later on, a bit hazy, add more in-empire sector/faction politics.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, shinything said:

And this is why Paradox Interactive gets respect. "Yeah, we know that sucked.  That's what we're fixing."

Sounds like Clarke patch by end of May, basic bug/UI/performance fixes. Asimov patch is going to beef up the midgame.  Heinlein patch later on, a bit hazy, add more in-empire sector/faction politics.

LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE

Here's the link to the Dev Diary that shiny quoted above: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads%2Fstellaris-dev-diary-33-the-maiden-voyage.932668%2F

Can't edit my last post, but I made all three empires and threw it on the workshop, in case anyone wants to use them.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=690032521&searchtext=planetside

I would be open to creating a GOTR-specific flag pack if people want to design custom flags for their races. I can see a hat + glasses flag for Buddahx being fun.

...is that from OGLAF? :D

Another thing I learned,  rotate your leaders!  Basically my entire roster died of old age at nearly the same time.  During a war too! Director Lagraak died at approximately the moment when my home planet fell... Its like he gave up :(

Edited by Fast-and-Free

Thanks Fast! These are really great tips, keep posting them!

If you never want to deal with elections, rule as a monarchy, but you lose the "agenda" bonuses that come with elected leaders.

• Upvote 1

I tried a middle column method of government and that was much better (though I still failed as I did not save Influence for election, lol...)

My second empire was far too peaceful and weak though, and the lone spacebird empire that hated my guts just happened to be one of the biggest ones around. I have found between our borders a savage species of hairless monkeys seemingly well suited for warfare still confined to their unremarkable planet, uhh, Dirt or something? and planned to contact them and turn them into my loyal guardians (or at least a buffer), but war broke out before I got the chance. The birds wiped the floor with me and I was reduced to my furthest planet (I hastily donated my other ones to friendly neighbors before I lost the war so I at least received massive piles of Minerals to rebuild) Unfortunately I then made the mistake of accepting an alliance invite from a trio of races surrounding a massive blob of xenophobic space slugs on my other side, who went from slightly disliking me to hating my guts and I soon got dragged into a war that cost me every mining station I had, every fleet I had, and most of my just-colonized planets. I was hoping for a bit of closure but they left me one planet, so I just abandoned the game as at this point it was pretty much pointless to continue

On my third try I decided to be more... determined. I shot my way through every spacething I encountered, and soon ran into the first intelligent species. I shot all their science ships, their mines I could reach away from their spaceport and gave their fleet a bloody nose twice. Then they decided to make contact since I obviously wasn't going to. It went something like this

mercy.jpg

I was actually a bit disappointed that their first contact convo did not reflect the fact that I have been shooting them constantly, especially since the interface amusingly reflects my xenophobic ethos, and labels all unknowns as Alien Menace

edit

Well, actually, after writing this long post and then returning to my game and actually clicking through the first contact window, their border popped up and kicked my fleet out, as well as locking away a few systems I have been eyeing. Sadface. I guess I will just immediately declare war so I can go through their borders again

Edited by Fast-and-Free

I have found that all the randomly generated empires in the game are a bit too faceless.  Often I cant even recall their most basic quirks/appearance. (The Quer'kal Hegemony declared war on the Chil-as-gtred Kingdom.  Uhhh okay?  Who were those guys again?)

I have found a solution though!  You can force custom races to be placed into your games.  Now I just need to make like 30 of them that are meaningful

Edited by Fast-and-Free

(i will continue to ramble here until someone forces me to cede my phone btw :P Warscore 32)

Im starting to like this idea that every time I start over I will do it with a completely differently set up empire,  that way I will not stagnate with the same settings, see all the options.   Plus all my previous choices will be forced into galaxy creation so I will be incresingly haunted by my past choices, mistakes and successes

Edited by Fast-and-Free

I really need to find the budget to buy this game. :( And Overwatch.

I learned that if you're Materialist (I think) you have the option for MUCH cheaper colony ships - like 250 minerals instead of 350, with the only downside being that the colonists on that ship might suffer some ethics divergence. But on the other hand, early game colony ships for 250 minerals? That's huge. I had no idea that was a feature, I may have to start playing different government types and traits/ethics. I've been pretty attached to my Enlightened Monarchy / Pacifist / Xenophile government.

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found