Ivandrov

DCS: A-10C in a nutshell

*Takes a look at the manual.*

Straight forward enough.

*Gets to the 200 page section on the CDU and MFCDs*

My head hurts.

• Upvote 2

Where's Javelin when you need him?

I plan to take it section by section, mastering one concept before moving onto the next. It's the only way to digest all of that 670 page manual, unlike with the FC3 manual where I just read it through and flew.

Apparently the MiG-21's is even longer, I'm not looking forward to the bedtime reading.

Heh I clearly remember my first WTF moment

Because I took a screenshot

dcs_2014_06_29_00_23_36.png

Edited by Fast-and-Free

Oh, that wasn't too bad for me, because I just sort of ignored him and said "I can set different things as SOI causing HOTAS buttons to do different things."

Apparently the MiG-21's is even longer, I'm not looking forward to the bedtime reading.

What manual are you reading? Mig21's is 184 pages long while the A10's is 670 pages long. Edited by Ivandrov

You are totally right, I read it on the DCS forums before I had actually looked at the manual I had just assumed the post I saw was true.

I read through the Black Shark 2 manual in its entirety. I can't say all of it stuck though. It still as LOTS OF BLOODY BUTTONS.

Yeah, but the A-10C has computers. SO MANY DIFFERENT COMMANDS AND THINGS TO DO WITH JUST EIGHT FREAKING BUTTONS.

At least it maintains some functional  consistency, especially among that hats. T(arget)MS/D(ata)MS/Coolie(slew) all make sense for any given SOI. Can't say I'm a huge fan of the long vs short holds though.

Yes. Though it still doesn't help for memory. I have everything else memorized and applied, yet I still need to keep a chart handy for those damn HOTAS functions.

It's getting better for me. Made a simple mission where I just put a couple of tanks around an area. 16 confirmed kills with Mavs, GBU's and CBU's. I did use the cannon, though surprisingly no kills according to the debrief, even though I held a burst on a tank for about 4 or 5 seconds from about .8 miles slant at a considerable angle.

Where's Javelin when you need him?

Outta town on vacation :P

Back now though if anyone wants to me to teach something.

I'd actually like to see some of the JTRS functions being used as I have been flying alone.

I did use the cannon, though surprisingly no kills according to the debrief, even though I held a burst on a tank for about 4 or 5 seconds from about .8 miles slant at a considerable angle.

Back to the coloring book :P

Edited by Fast-and-Free

I'd actually like to see some of the JTRS functions being used as I have been flying alone.

Okay, Wednesday night good?

Sure, would be nice to fly with another human for once. :)

I'll be in the Flight Wing Channel all day, whenever you want to come by.

Okay I am a retard. Forgot tonight is New Years Eve and have got a thing tonight. Can't get on during the day. So rain check for Friday maybe?

Alright, hanging out in the Flight Wing channel, whenever you're ready.

Many Russian tanks dead = Great Success.

• Upvote 1

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found